Thursday, September 26, 2013

Kansas Cucumbers

1 c. mayonnaise or salad dressing
1/4 c. sugar
4 tsp apple cider vinegar
3 onions thinly sliced
1/2 tsp dill weed (dry is o.k.) it's what I use.
1/2 teaspoon salt (optional) more for sprinkling.
4 med. cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced.

In large bowl with lid combine thinly sliced cucumbers and thinly sliced onions then lightly sprinkle over the top salt.  Keep 1/2 teaspoon salt for salting for taste at end of recipe - cover and place in refrigerator for several hours or over night / stirring every so often.

I leave mine in over night and the next day I drain off all the water that has come from the cucumbers and onions and I rinse them under water. Then with a colander by the hand full I Press out as much water between both of my hands then place in a bowl with lid.

In mixing bowl I combine mayonnaise, sugar, apple cider vinegar, dill and salt (if desired). Whisk well.  Pour into your drained cucumbers and onions and chill for at least 1 hour.  The longer these have to cool in the fridge the better.  Yields about 8

No comments:

Post a Comment